Sunday, 5 August 2012

Challenge cards

Hi sweets, just a quick post tonight. There's been some very interesting challenges around this week, I wanted to give them attention while I can :)



A card for Embellish Buttons Color Trends Challenge. I thought it would be fun to challenge myself to the jewel colours, I've never really done that.



I'm still channeling my inner Heather Pulvirenti... I was majorly inspired by this card of hers, spotted on Pinterest.
I used the stamps from PTI (Damask Designs; motifs stamped in Memento Summer Sky on PTI Spring Rain CS, sentiment stamped in Nautical Blue) and WPlus9 (Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions - foliage stamped in ColorBox Ice Jade).



This whimsical card was created with several Hero Arts stamps (Flower Swirl Vine, coloured in with Copics; Many Birthday Messages and Antique Engravings, butterfly also coloured with Copics).
I added a strip of patterned paper, some October Afternoon lace and some sewing. Quick and easy :)

I went for an array of challenges here, they seemed to correspond nicely.
The sketch comes from Hero Arts August contest, I used the bottom left one. These gorgeous colours belong to cQc#148. Lastly, I'm entering the card into the Freestyle challenge at A Blog Named Hero.





I hope you'll like them! I'm signing off for now, I'll be back tomorrow with a post (or two). Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, just seen the orange one over on Flickr (HA) :)
    The first card would be perfect for a Christmas Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Such fun sketches with vibrant colors! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iwona, both of your cards are gorgeous! You definitely rocked the CQC colors...thanks for joining us! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both beautiful cards. Thank you for joining us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iwona I dont ever think I've seen a card of yours that I didn't love and these are no exception! You're one talented lady :)

    Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

    Good luck

    Linda
    A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS cards! Love the color combo with the butterflies. Thanks for playing along with Challenge #9 at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards- the first one is completely stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012