Thursday, 9 August 2012

Cloud 9 August Blog Hop

What a crazy month of blog hops! Two behind me, one that's taking place right now, on top of this one, plus I can think of three more that I'll be taking part of soon! Wicked cool, I love blog hops :)

That being said, if you're looking for the
CASE Study 2nd Anniversary Blog Hop,
please click HERE or scroll down. Thanks :)

I can't believe it's time again for the Hop at the Cloud9 blog! I swear it seems to me like the first one was only two weeks ago...



This month we are given a sketch. And it's a FUN one! I could see Washi tape coming, as soon as I saw it.



Only after I had this card finished, I realized that I'm again submitting one with a similar, custom stamped background. Totally. not. planned. But still fun too :)



I took the SU Certainly Celery card for my base, and did the stamping on PTI Rustic Cream. To say that I'm a sucker for a rustic, speckled cardstock, would be an understatement... :)
I stamped assorted leaves from Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions in Memento Pistachio, and the tiny flowers from Folk Art Florals in Pear Fresh Ink, then I sponged and sew around the edges, and added some Washi tape.
I chose the Marigolds from Hope Seed Co. for my focal point, combined with the Love Notes pocket die. The flowers were coloured with Copics, but instead of the usual shading, I opted for color blocking. The pocked was sponged with white ink, and I added the flag from the Hope Seed Co. set (stamped in Memento Nautical Blue).

I helped myself to a few more challenges - the colours come from cQc#149 and the card fits the theme of RCC65 - "one stitch at a time".



Thanks for looking! I can't wait what everyone else is up to :)

15 comments:

  1. Hi Chupa! That washi tape is gorgeous, and I love the pop of the bright yellow flower, with the yellow peeking through the pocket heart. Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Cloud9!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, love the vibrant flower. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love that you used washi tape...I am working my way up to it...I have some now....just need to venture into the fray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your background! I would have guessed it was patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card. Love all the details, especially the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stamped background with the washi tape! The bright blue pocket with the pretty yellow flowers is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card. Love the bg stamping and great pocket with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the stamped leaf background, and also the focal point! The flowers growing out of the pocket and the banner are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous stamped background and layering of the washi tape! Love how you combined the pocket with the flowers from Hope Seed Co. Thanks for joining us again for the Cloud9 Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your use of this weeks colors. That flower is amazing. So glad you joined us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the flowers in the pocket! The bright, bold colors really grabbed me, too. So glad you joined us for this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning creation!!
    The colours are so lovely together and the whole creation just draws the eye honey...
    Love this so very much!
    Hugs,
    Krafty Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012