Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Die frenzy

Hi there! I've been bragging about Cameo at length lately, but the truth is, I'd never turn away from my dies either. What I especially love about them, is that they all give a neat cut on the upper side, with the edges ever so slightly rounded, so that the finish is fabulously sleek. Anyone else noticed that? I'm a sucker for this look :)
I decided to give my dies some love tonight, and I somehow ended up with the look you don't normally see on my blog. Channeling my inner Beate, perhaps? *wink*


Lots of Spellbinders dies here... I started by cutting A2 Fancy Weave Nestabilities® through the folded card, leaving a bit of a die above the crease so that the two flaps hold together.
Then I cut four rectangles with the A2 Matting Basics B Nesties, three out of white CS and one out of MME Miss Caroline patterned paper - for the front.
I adhered them in pairs, on both sides of each flap. They are just bigger enough than the inside edge of the weave, to get a good grip along the sides.
The Flourishes image from the Summer Blossoms stamp set, was framed with Standard Circles LG & Lacey Circles, and coloured with Copics.
The tag has a sentiment from the same set on it, plus a bit of a smaller floral image, and I sponged it with Versa Color Cinnamon ink. The tag was die cut with Back To Basics Tags Shapeabilities®.
The finishes include some baker's twine and Liquid Pearls.

I'm slowly making my way up, through the Flourishes birthday challenges. This card was made for the "Colorful Celebration" challenge, with the given colour palette given as you can see below:



In my true fashion, I spiced up the pastel hues with some more "oomph". Strong colours is what I usually end up with, when colouring ;)
Thanks for peeking in,

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012