Monday, 6 August 2012

Happy birthday, Flourishes!

It's been a mere half a day, that I shared a Flourishes card with you (please check out the August Beautiful World Tour HERE!!), and I'm at it again tonight! The card I had in plans for their 5th Birthday challenge has been pleading for my attention and I finally succumbed to it.
Happy Birthday, Flourishes!! Here's to many more!!



I knew exactly what stamps I wanted to treat with a bit of colouring - Magnolias. Such a delightful set!! With the help of a sketch and colour combo (below the card), I came up with this:



I used the Violet Copic Collection for the flowers, and Evergreen Collection for the foliage.
The sentiments used come from Hollyhocks (stamped in Provincial Grey Fresh Ink) and Tag Lines (stamped in Memento Nautical Blue).
The patterned paper is from Teresa Collins, and I embellished the card with an Ironwork Motifs die cut, some buttons, and Kaisercraft rhinestones/lace trim.
I really dig this elegant design!

My sketch / colour inspiration:



I hope you'll like it! Later, peeps :)

15 comments:

  1. Wow! That coloring on that purple flower is fantastic!!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold and beautiful! Your purple is outstanding and this is a fun layout. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing in Flourishes Birthday Celebration challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Your coloring is amazing, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! The colours look amazing together and your colouring (I hate calling it the because it sounds so condescending - sorry! ) is out of this world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring is always so perfect and inspiring, Chupa! I hope someday I can shade leaves as beautifully as you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thud!! My jaw is on the floor...what a beauty!! Love the rich colors on the magnolias!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Miss Iwona! This is soo Beautiful! Your coloring is so Fabulous on the Pretty Magnolias! and I Love your great take on the sketch and the Lovely crochet lace too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I love these magnolias coloured in this deep purple.
    Thanks for joining us at CR84Fn this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Chupa. The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning! The purples are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so beautiful Iwona! Love these rich colors! Thank you for celebrating with us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say is WOW! That Magnolia is so vibrant and beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forgot to say thanks for playing with CR84FN! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning!!! Just love it. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012