Sunday, 26 August 2012

Pinwheels

Hi bloggers, I'm back!! Missed me much? No? ;)
I'm on a Cameo kick, as you probably noticed... I've been experimenting with different kinds of cardstock and often wasn't happy with the results. The cardstock I use and love most (PTI, SU) is not very Cameo friendly - it cuts alright, but often not clean enough.
So I remembered this morning, about the "Cut Mates" packs of assorted cardstock from World Win Papers, that were hiding in a place I don't look in often enough... They claim on the package that Cut-Mates cuts like buttah... and let me tell you, they couldn't be more accurate! I love this stuff.
All in all, I decided to cut some, and out came this card:


The pinwheels and "wish" wording are cut files.
I combined them with assorted stamps; the jar from Waltzingmouse (Candy Jar Christmas Fillers), the sentiment and woodgrain background from PTI (Mega Mixed Messages, Background Basics: Woodgrain).
The background was stamped in Pumice Stone Distress Ink on PTI Fine Linen CS. I cut a PTI Half & Half border, from SU Soft Suede.
Here's a tip on 'closing' the Waltzingmouse jar - ink again only the upper lid part and stamp upside down, so that the ends meet.

Here's the challenge I designed this one for: (I had so much fun with these colours)



Smooches,

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I love the accent of purple/violet on the sentiment and pinwheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fab card...love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card it totally fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous! I love how you used the bright colors on the focal points, but gave detail to the neutrals as well. So good to know about the "cut mates" paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Chupa!! The little edger on the bottom of the vertical strip is such a nice touch too. Love your work, girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh that's interesting about the SU card - it's the main one I use and it has been annoying me why my cuts weren't clean! Thought it was my cameo - never thought it may be the CS!!! Have played with my cameo settings (slowed it down and using s deeper blade) and have been getting better results! Will be on the look out for this CS though! Thanx so much for the info and for sharing such a gorgeous card you created too!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, fabulous pinwheels, and love all the different embellishing too (sewing, stamping) :)

    P.S. I use PTI all the time with my Cameo, it cuts great :):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chupa, I always use PTI cardstock and it cuts fine. I set the blade at 5 then use double cut. I also pick out the heavy cardstock setting. Hope this helps! Congrats on the win!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012