Friday, 10 August 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #72

An early sketch this week, hooray!! I made the card yesterday, which is quite unusual, in fact I don't remember doing so before... somehow this month proved very intense craft-wise and I had a busy couple of days. None the less, the more I created the more excited my creativity was, so I just went on with the flow :)

The link list for last week's sketch is still open for a few hours, see it HERE! Otherwise, here's the next installment...



It's another inspired creation... Ashley Cannon Newell posted THIS CARD a while ago and its layout and choice of stamps really spoke to me. Let's say mine is quite a serious attempt at CASE'ing miss Ashley :)
Furthermore, I've been seeing the gorgeous white embossed then coloured flowers everywhere. It was another thing I wanted to try my hand at, for the CASE Study Anniversary Blog Hop #2, but I run out of time. However, the challenge is still open and I'm gladly using this opportunity to explore another fabulous technique for the first time :)



Lots of Papertrey Ink here... The base of my card is PTI Lavender Moon CS. The stamps include Polka Dot Basics (background, stamped with Fresh Ink Pear), Delightful Doilies (stamped with Memento Lulu Lavender) , Think Big Favorites #4 (sentiment, stamped in Memento Sweet Plum) and Delightful Dahlia (white embossed and sponged with Distress Inks - Spiced Marmalade, Victorian Velvet and other brands' green inks).
The ribbon is PTI's Simply Chartreuse.
The border at the bottom was die cut with Grand Decorative Ovals One.

The colours (and further inspiration regarding white embossed flowers), are taken from ric#17:



---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC72.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------



5 comments:

  1. Love the intense colors on that flower....just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely interpretation of challenge. I really love this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I love your interpretation of the runway inspired photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get my eyes off of that flower...it's amazing! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012