Saturday, 11 August 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 110

Hi, crafty peeps! I'm taking a short break from Blog Hops... ;)
It's a beautiful Saturday and it's also time for a new Waltzingmouse sketch! Check it out:



This one was inspired by Laurie and you bet it's gorgeous! I love Laurie's knack for fantastic layouts :)
I pulled out the North Shore mini set for its first inking. I stamped it on cream card in black and distressed with edge distresser and Distress Inks (Frayed Burlap, Pumice Stone, Spiced Marmalade).



The SU Basic Gray cardstock was embossed with Flora M-Bossabilities, sponged lightly with white ink and distressed. There's a wee bit of patterned paper behind the main image, and it comes from Basic Grey's PB&J. I also opted for the trick I did recently, with using some burlap to accentuate the image.

The CTD204 challenge below, helped me put together this card:



Hop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch blog, to see more from the Mischief Makers and play along! See you again soon,

9 comments:

  1. This is such a cool card Iwona! The embossed panel and patterned paper goes so well with the main image. I love the warm colours you added to the North Shore stamp and the burlap really does frame it well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, brilliant design and crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used North Shore!! The bg embossing with a little white ink is perefct to set off the rest!! Love the chevron dp and that burlap is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, Iwona! I love the burlap...what a great element!! Cool image, too. Thanks for joining us at the CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chupa, I love this! I love the hint of sunset behind the North shore stamp, and the background paper is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card, Chupa! I LOVE that image!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that surfer with the sunset colors, the burlap and those bright chevrons! Really striking! But you know I'm addicted to big color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing and creative cards. I really like this one as it looks so attractive and the color scheme is fabulous. keep working like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012