Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Cloud 9 September Blog Hop

Me again! Please scroll down also, for the Tuesday Morning Sketches GD post :)

I'm playing with the September Cloud 9 Blog Hop, with the inspiration photo below:



I had to think well about this one. It's a lovely picture but the colours were giving me a fit... lol! Muted blues and greens are not my first-hand choice in card making :)
I compromised, as I would, and mixed some pastel and bright hues together...


I started with the PTI Spring Rain cardstock, and I stamped WPlus9 images on it, with various Memento inks. These are some of my favourite sets, too. The sentiment is from Defining Words, butterfly from Flora & Fauna, roses from Mother's Day Bouquet and finally, the leaves from Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions.
For a bit of texture and dimension, I added two Prima roses and a double bow made with a button twine.

I'm also entering this card into these challenges in the Moxie Fab World: The Asymmetry Challenge and The Movement Challenge.
I can tell you how my eyes travel, to explain the latter, but I'm sure I don't hold the monopoly :)
My eyes first land on the sentiment, then go up to the butterfly, down to the roses and leaves, which point me back to the sentiment. Makes any sense?

Thanks for visiting, crafty peeps :) Have a good night/day,

19 comments:

  1. Iwona, this is just gorgeous! You have the whole CAS thing down pat :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gorgeous card! I love the way you combined all of the stamp sets to come up with something so beautiful! And I followed the movement of the card too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and pretty. Love that butterfly and the flowers... most of all your trademark COLOR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Super design on this with all the layering, and the colors you chose are perfect. Glad that you joined us for this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Stunning! Love your stamping on coloured bg and the the pop of 3D with those sweet flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the interesting layout has me saying wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! the look of the stamped and the 3d flowers adds soo much dimension :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! The colors are amazing and I love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You put together a beautiful blend of the pastels and brights, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful interpretation of the picture, Iwona! Love the stamped layers and the definition sentiment:) Thanks for playing along with us @ Cloud9:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chupa, you are a stampy genius and always know how to layer and pair your stamps so perfectly! What a fantastic card - thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Cloud9!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Chupa! Thanks also for linking this up to the Asymmetry Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS Chupa!
    Your card is SPECTACULAR!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this card, Chupa!! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Chupa. Congrats on your MFW win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your MFW win, Chupa!
    Such a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is fabulous, congratulations winner!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on winning!!! You so deserve it with your wonderful creation!!! So happy for you!! Helen in Healdsburg, (Ca.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012