Saturday, 8 September 2012

Jay Gee's Nook - Sweet thinkin' Mae

I'm rolling in with another customary weekend post, and since it's Sunday morning, it means only one thing - a Jay Gee's Nook DT contribution!



JG's Nook keeps broadening its offer constantly, and I find myself being more & more excited about the new arrivals in the store. One of these moments happened a few months back, when I discovered that Judith caters Some Odd Girl stamps... you know I love me some!!
I used the Sweet Thinkin' Mae, on this little thing....



I decided to pull out the neglected Fine & Dandy papers from My Mind's Eye. The girl was coloured with Copics, her dress paper pieced and her cheekbones/eyes highlighted with a white gel pen (same pen used to "dress up" the sentiment banners). I also used the PTI Cloud die, leftover from the last week's project :)
Some yellow lace, baker's twine and a brad in Mae's bow, finish the card.

Since I had a chance (rare these days - lack of time) to colour a SOGgie girl, I followed the sketch challenge that they're offering on the Some Odd Girl blog this month. It's not a particularly faithful interpretation, but I hope it's obvious enough :)



Hop on over to the JG's Nook blog, to see the rest of the Design Team's creations. Thanks for taking a peek :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh My! You have outdone yourself (again), she is fantastic, such a super retro style design too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, and such brilliant colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww so nice to see at Some Odd Girl...this is gorgeous...thanks for joining us..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chupa, we miss you girl bc of your fabulousness! This is really fun with the bright colors and layers! I finally have a blog reader on my tablet so I'm adding you... I hope I don't stalk too much. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww honey, sure have missed you! LOVE this beautiful paper piecing of her dress! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so sweet and beautiful!

    Love your take on the sketch challenge. Thanks for playing with us at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012