Monday, 3 September 2012

September Beautiful World Tour



Hello and welcome to September Flourishes Beautiful World Tour!!
Once again, it's time to get those passports ready, grab a cup of coffee and prepare for take off as once again we prepare to travel the world and be inspired by talented girls from all parts of the globe! A big thank you to everyone who traveled the globe with us last month and stamped our passports (left comments), we were thrilled to have you join us on the maiden flight!!

If you do a little globetrotting with us and stamp our passports (leave us a comment), you could WIN A FREE FLOURISHES STAMP SET!! The catch is, you don't know which country is going to be this month's vacation spot (chosen blog) so leave a comment on each one by SEPTEMBER 30th for your chance to win.

If you've jetted in from England from Meredith's blog then you have arrived at the right destination. If you haven't, perhaps you'd like to start your journey back in Florida at the Flourishes Blog so you don't miss any of the inspiration along the way!!

This month the hostess is Anne-Elise, and we've been challenged to Remember our Friends! Where would we be without our friends? We laugh together and share our dreams, and when things are hard, we want to be there for them or be a shoulder to cry on when they grieve. Today we remember those friends with Sympathy, Missing You, Thinking of You or even Wishing You Were Here cards and perhaps we'll even have a special story to tell you about those friends that have inspired us along the way.

I inked up the Hydrangea set, for my card, and the sentiment from Pears. It's a sort of my personal affirmation, since I learned through the recent years' experiences that it takes hope and belief, and there is truly nothing impossible. It really does work, as soon as we allow ourselves to believe that it will happen. Cool, huh? Makes you think...



I coloured the flowers with the Raspberry Collection and the leaves with Evergreen Collection:





I distressed all pieces on the card with Pumice Stone Distress ink. The paper comes from My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline collection. The die cutting includes Labels Two used for the hydrangeas, and Back To Basics Tags for the sentiment. I added some burlap and string in coordinating colour, Kaisercraft lace and a couple of buttons.

I combined two challenges on this card - ISSC31 sketch and PDCC147 colours:



Thanks for taking time to visit me here in Australia, it's time to grab your passports and board Flourishes Flight BWT, your next destination is.........



Thanks for visiting and happy traveling!! :)

44 comments:

  1. Chupa - this is *stunning*! I love every little detail about it - and the way you cut that one edge off your image die cut at the side of your card is just the perfect touch - simple, but it adds so much. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Chupa! Love your beautifully colored hydrangea! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been talking to your card since I saw it in the Yahoo gallery - absolutely gorgeous down to every detail - your coloring, woodgrain background, pop of teal in the buttons, the texture of your trim... just brilliant all around. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning card, Chupa! Beautiful vibrant colouring, too. Your hydrangeas are the exact colour of the ones in our garden right now, they are just starting to turn darker as autumn approaches. I love your sentiment, too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! Shading is FAB and I love the wod 'hydrandea' stamped behind the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! I love your card. It is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gasp! How lovely... both card and sentiment. The power of hope is truly amazing! I really like the use of the partial spellbinder label. Fabulous card.
    Beth Greco

    ReplyDelete
  8. The copic colors are perfect for a lovely composition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, it's so rich and the background paper is great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hydrangea stamp, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hydrangeas are stunning! They just jump off the page and love how you offset them on the wood panel background! Great card as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello from the U.S. Very pretty card. I love how you colored the flowers. I never would have thought to use the wood paper for a background like this, and it works so well. TFTI.




    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love this!! The background look so lifelike (I love My MInd's Eye!), and your coloring on the flowers is amazing. So very pretty. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely stunning. All the details are just perfection. Love it!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card~thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THUD! my jaw hit the floor as soon as I saw your beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How beautiful! Your coloring makes me want to reach out and touch the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to laugh at Penny Black's comment as my jaw hit the floor too! Wow, you are realllly good at coloring and those colors just knock your socks off. That bird is incredible...I can hardly believe it is real.
    Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. I just love hydrangeas and you color them so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card...such pretty coloring! Thanks for sharing! Loving this tour!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I love the way you used those colors and that design with your image and papers is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. As always your cards are absolutely beautiful! I've thoroughly enjoyed the blog hop too. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow this is fabulous, the stamp and coloring are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous flowers and fabulous with the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is just lovely color for the hydrangea, it is sweet color. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Is there anything you can't do? I LOVE your coloring, choice of paper, colors, just the whole card! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love all of the different textures that you used. great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, my word! I have never seen hydrangea this rich in color and depth before. I LOVE these beautifully rich tones! Stunning coloring, Iwona! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow! the Hydrangeas are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The image is so beautifully coloured and I adore the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your card, it's a beauty! Your sentiment is wonderful and truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just gorgeous- love the background that shows off the gorgeous colors of the flowers and the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those hydrangeas are colored beautifully and I love the background! Thanks for joining us at PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stunning card!!! Love the hydrangeas against the wood grain background DP - makes it look like my bushes against the fence (when they are in bloom anyway!!)

    ReplyDelete
  35. This card is absolutely stunning!! I love every single detail. Thank you for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love your card Iwona - it is simply stunning! Love the colours you chose for the Hydrangea (one of my favourite stamps), they really pop off of the fabulous background DP.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Chupa- i could stare at this card all day long, amazing coloring love it, this is beautiful!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The wood background and beautifully colored flowers--fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card. I love the background.

    Margie F.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love hydrangeas. Beauful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  41. And yet another ...WOW.. card, I like the total look of your card very much.
    Your flower could be one of mine in my garden, I have several colours of them....just love hydrangea's.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful hydrangeas and I love the burlap panel! Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012