Friday, 7 September 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #76

Hi guys! I'm in early with the sketch this week, so there's still some time left to play with the previous one... three hours, to be exact! Feel free to link up whenever you wish, you can find the last week's sketch HERE.

That's what I cooked up this time:



...and here's my sample:



I used PTI Simply Chartreuse for my card base, then slightly distressed Rustic White. The focal point is a piece of Aqua Mist, in which I die cut the Twiggy Tree from Memory Box. I cut one on Simply Chartreuse as well, and fit in the negative space.
The panel was then layered with a piece of cream felt, die cut with Scalloped Circles Nestabilities.
The apple is a PTI die and was cut from Harvest Gold, then inked with a darker shade of yellow. I stamped inside it a postmark from The Craft's Meow Telegram set, in Memento Cantaloupe, and embellished the star in the center with a pearl.
The sentiment comes from WPlus9 Fresh Picked set, and was stamped in Memento Espresso Truffle.

I used the colours from Embellish Trees Color Trends Challenge, for my inspiration. The only brown I've got here is the sentiment, and unfortunately it turned nearly black on the photo, but it is a dark brown none the less...



---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC76.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------



4 comments:

  1. Lovely creation.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the use of dies cuts, and the felt mat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy heck, this is gorgeous. Inset die! And the felt! And the distressed edges! All the little details make this so, so great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012