Sunday, 30 September 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #79

I'm LATE! Again!! Am I kicking off another bad habit here...? Hopefully not! I know I keep saying that, but I've been pretty wrapped up lately. Several things have also been happening, that are affecting my 'performance' (lol) but I can't spill the beans just yet... sigh.
But! Enough blabber, you're far more interested in that little thing below, I reckon... ;)


Last week I served you a square card, this time I'm asking for a long format. Pretty simple layout, with an emphasis on pretty background and a sentiment separated in two.Of course, if you wish to use standard shape, feel free! It's a 'free for all' fun :)

I had SO much fun making this card... I should start by saying that the idea behind it,  started with the CFC72 challenge, "Toot Your Own Horn".
They ask to use our own blog header as an inspiration, and I thought it's a prime idea. What I had in mind straight away, is stamping in bold black on a subtle patterned paper and then do simple colour blocking as it shows in the circle. It's a dimensional, fabric-like effect that I was striving to achieve. Down to the little bits of background, showing through the coloured flowers...


I wasn't quite sure if it's the way to go, but once I started putting the elements together, it looked pretty cool. I used Etched Flowers from Hero Arts for the background, and I stamped them over My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline DP. Then I coloured some flowers in, with light shades of Copics.

 
 

I transferred the horizontal element - blog title, into sentiment strip. I stamped the phrase from PTI Big & Bold Wishes, in PTI Fresh Snow and Fresh Ink Provincial Gray. I also used the dots from PTI A Little Argyle, to mimic the lime coloured pattern in the logo.
I thought I'd decorate the inside as well:


I used theactual patterned paper, for the card base, hence the inside is decorative as well. In an insert, I stamped the flowers again in grey ink, and the verse from PTI Out On A Limb Sentiments set. The flourish is from Mat Stack 1.

---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC79.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------

12 comments:

  1. Love your card, Chupa! Those colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, the perfect card for your header! I totally agree, this was one FUN Challenge! Fabulous stamping! Oh, and I need to congratulate you again on your Moxie Fab win! How exciting! I had to laugh because no you'll get in PC without submitting...that was the joke when I won the colour challenge last year...my card got published without formally submitting to the magazine! Your card was over the top stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Chupa~fantastic look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love what you did here! Gorgeous!! So glad you tooted your horn for us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I was half right... ( I thought you used the pattern paper only). But I love your stamping on the pattern paper! Excellent choice of stamp to match up with your blog header! VERY beautiful, Chupa! Happy to see that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card & sketch!! Loved using it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Chupa and delighted you joined in the fun at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Chupa! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was away and could not load my card on time...thanks so much for another fabby sketch girl!

    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2012/10/verve-and-world-card-making-day.html

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012