Thursday, 4 October 2012

CASE Study Challenge #111

How is it that it's October already?? With a first Thursday of the month a new Muse comes to CASE Study and I'm incredibly pleased to announce, that it's Julia Stainton!!
I've been a fan of her eclectic, free-flowing style for a long time, and I can't wait to see what our players do with the inspiration :)


How gorgeous is Julia's card above! I'm drawn to it partly because if the beautifully executed resist technique, and although I went for a less artsy look and used a good ole' cardstock instead of canvas, it's still there on my inspired card. The rest is pretty much closely followed as well. Just because I {heart} that card a lot :)


I used the light pink cardstock for the base of my design, clear embossed the Glitz Design frame on it, sponged over with two shades of distress inks and distressed the edges.
I stamped the clock from TCM Vintage Clocks (brand new stamp set!), and the bit of the sentiment ("all the time") at the bottom. The rest of the sentiment forms the stamp from Inspired By Audrey (also from TCM), stamped in the die cut banner.
The cluster of embellishments consist of two feathers, die cut with Jewel Fantasies Shapeabilities, some mulberry flowers, coloured twine and Kaisercraft pearls.

I happened to follow the colour palette of cQc#157... :)


Please visit the the Design Team girls as well, for more challenge inspiration! Click on the links below to be taken to their blogs.

Julia Stainton - October Muse
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Jeanne Jachna - October Guest Designer

Should you wish to join us, you will find the challenge details at CASE Study! Thanks for stopping by,

6 comments:

  1. Super cute cards and I love the way you used the clock but made them really feminine... You are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - I love the rich color and all that yummy embossing. The die cuts make this even more spectacular and oh so elegant! Stunning Chupa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colors....embossing is fabulous!!! Another stunning creation.....ps those clocks just arrived at my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Chupa. Thank you so much for joining us this week at
    the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done, Chupa! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning! thank you for joining us at the colourQ ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012