Thursday, 11 October 2012

CASE Study Challenge #112

We're chiming in with a new challenge at CASE Study, in a month full of inspiration from our October Muse, Julia Stainton!
For this week, I chose this totally unique and "sew" trendy card below... check out all of the sewing-related elements that Julia incorporated in it! I don't think I could pull off half of them, without the card looking ridiculous...


Well, that was one of the reasons why I didn't dig into the sewing aspect of that card too much :) Instead, I was taken with how the layered tape makes up for a very cool gradient. That, plus the shabby flower, pushed me in the right direction...


I took again the fabulous watercolour paper, from the GCD Studios Mix'd Media Stack. I sponged it with too many inks to remember (funny, since there are only two colours apparent), and stamped with Hero Arts Fabulous Flourish, in Pumice Stone Distress Ink. Then I took some dark purple spray mist and flicked it over the card front very lightly. The bigger 'dots' are Doodlebug rhinestones.
I created the flower by firstly die-cutting some cork sheet with Spellbinders Grand Peony Creations (two smallest blooms), and threading some florist's stems through the centers. After securing these bits together, I hand cut two circles, slightly larger than the flowers, from pink tulle ( Glitz Design).
A few short strips of washi tape and a WPlus9 sentiment (Sweet Nothings), finish the card.

Please visit the the Design Team, for more challenge inspiration! Click on the links below to be taken to their blogs.

Julia Stainton - October Muse
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Jeanne Jachna - October Guest Designer

Should you wish to join us, you will find the challenge details at CASE Study!
Also, please visit me again at 9AM EST, for totally fun news and a showcase of some gorgeous stamps :)

5 comments:

  1. The most gorgeous sponging of color I've ever seen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this! The colour combo is so striking, but I also love the embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and artistic! Love the floral accent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous....stunning background!!! Love the cork too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes....forgot to say I love the tulle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012