Thursday, 18 October 2012

CASE Study Challenge #113

Happy Thursday and welcome to a new CASE Study challenge! As you know, our Muse this month is the one and only Julia Stainton, and this week the inspiration for us all, comes from this cheerful card of hers:


The combination of orange and pink seems to be the lasting trend and one I really like. It's challenging but the results are amazing, it's like an instant shot of happiness!
I decided to throw in a bunch of other 'difficult' and kinda Halloween-y colours, so that they suit my other inspiration for today - Tuesday Trigger: Val de Victorian,  and I inked up for the first time the stamps from Waltzingmouse Christmas Cottage, the coveted set that I finally have :)


The base of the card is SU! Blushing Bride, which I sponged with darker pink hues to get a subtle 'sky' gradient. Then I stamped the stars in Memento Rose Bud. There's something so magical about this scene and I doubt I'll be able to part with this card :) It sets me in right the mood for an old-fashioned Christmas, with caroling children, jingling bells and chubby Santa cheeks... how I wish for snow! Not much luck with it in Australia :/

Here's the fabby Trigger that inspired me:


Please visit the the Design Team, for more challenge inspiration! Click on the links below to be taken to their blogs.

Julia Stainton - October Muse
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Jeanne Jachna - October Guest Designer

Should you wish to join us, you will find the challenge details at CASE Study!
Thanks for taking a peek :)

5 comments:

  1. Pretty sweet creations.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such BEAUTIFUL Creations!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumps right off the page at ya! Amazing colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012