Thursday, 25 October 2012

CASE Study Challenge #114

We're rolling in with a new challenge at CASE Study! I'm truly enjoying this month... the work of Julia Stainton (our October Muse) is really helping me stretch myself. I don't know whether it's only this or there are further transformations happening to my style, but my latest CS cards are something I like to look at :)
Anyway, let's 'meet' the inspiration for this week!


So much texture!! If you know me, you also know I love texture more than anything else. Well, maybe except colour...
I usually restrict myself to one-two elements that elevate the design but I wanted to go hardcore this time and use all the goodies Julia used: corrugated cardboard, felt, crocheted lace. I took it even further, by adding splotches of ink, something that I admit to being slightly crazy about these days :)


I used dies from Memory Box (Perched Reed Bird) and Spellbinders (branch from Cherry Blossoms).
The sentiment sticker is Cosmo Cricket's and the ink comes from October Afternoon Sidewalks line. The beauty of that shade of aqua makes me mellow.

Please visit the the Design Team, for more challenge inspiration! Click on the links below to be taken to their blogs.

Julia Stainton - October Muse
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Jeanne Jachna - October Guest Designer

Should you wish to join us, you will find the challenge details at CASE Study!
Thanks for taking a peek, and see you again in a couple of hours, for the TCM October Release Blog Hop :)

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards and design. Love the felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This my dear is an incredible card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fun and perfect use of colors, textures, elements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stunner stopped me in my tracks - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the texture and colors of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the texture and colors of this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012