Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Cloud 9 October Blog Hop

Morning! (well, at least to me...) After the posts galore on the last weekend, I took a couple of days easy. As I'm gearing up again for some serious action again today, I'm freaking out at the same time 'cause there's lots n' lots to catch up with! Wish me luck... I've got 6 hours on my own, before Chuplet hits the house, back from her day care session :)
I made a card last night, for the October Cloud 9 Blog Hop. I was happy for the 9th to come, for I did some shopping (and winning) recently and I was itching to break into my new WPlus9 goodies.
As it happens, in the end I reached for my older but trusty & beloved set, for the main feature on my card... ;)


So... I don't really do Halloween, thus I'm in a bit of a trouble, every time the challenge pertains to it. I decided to concentrate on the colours instead, and the bold effect that the silhouette of the tree creates against cream. I thought that these warm colours might as well do well in a wintry card... and that's what happened:



I had to use other brand's woodgrain stamp (PTI) for my background, otherwise the stamping is done with WPlus9 stamps.
The leaf from Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions,  was stamped in Memento Espresso Truffle, highlighted with brown Memento pen, cut out and embellished with Kaisercraft pearls. I stamped the pattern from Far Isle Backgrounds, in Wild Honey Distress Ink, and the sentiment from Winter Wishes in Memento London Fog underneath. The little circle elements from the latter, were stamped in Old Paper Distress Ink, randomly around the leaf. I love creating this Bokeh-like effect, either with stamps or pearls/rhinestones.

I hope you likey :) See you tomorrow!

11 comments:

  1. Chupa, you never cease to amaze me. I never would have thought to create a winter card with these colors, but you've made it look incredible! I love this bold branch image, and it is a perfect take on the tree silhouette in the photo. So glad you could join us again for the Cloud9 Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love that you used these colors to create a non-traditional winter card!! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you interpreted the colors to create this fabulous winter card! And I adore the way you did the background. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card. Love the orange pattern. So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the circle elements...it gives it a magical effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very beautiful. Just love the leaves with pearly and great color combo for holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so pretty Chupa. Love the woodgrain background image and the die-cut leaf... the colors are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an elegant and beautiful card. Love all of the amazing details too, so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your interpretation of the photo, Chupa. The bold branch really makes a statement. So glad you were able to join our Cloud9 Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card--I just love the leaves and pearls!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chupa, for one day I would love to get inside your head and learn how your crafty brain works because everything you make is gold! I am in awe of how gorgeous those leaves look in black - not dreary at all. Perfect! And thank you so much for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012