Saturday, 6 October 2012

Happy World Card Making Day!

First off, it happens that today, like on most Saturdays, I've got plenty of inspiration on my blog... so check out two of my previous posts as well, please!

Now, for the last time today, I reckon... hip hip hooray for The World Card Making Day!!


For the third time I'm celebrating this year, and I think every time I do it more consciously, certainly with more skill. I hope I'll never stop learning, 'cause that's one of the things that make this hobby fantastic. It feels good to evolve, try new things (buy new goodies, heheh...), and seize new opportunities. I set myself a few goals this year, some of them I achieved and some are still to come, we'll see if it happens before New Year kicks in... :)
I've got a few cards to share today, and I'm also doing something that I absolutely love but never have enough time to pursuit these days, like I did in the past - challenges!

First up, I'm using some of my favourite The Craft's Meow stamps, here...


I stamped the large decorative element from the new Lovely Ovals set, to create a rainbow pattern. Each was stamped in different shade, and coloured in with corresponding shades of Copics. Actually, most of this card was covered with colour, for I started with white surface. The beige background is also a Copics work.
The sentiment comes from Telegram, it was partially inked to separate it from the rest of the image.


How fun are these sequins in the centers? The whole design was strongly inspired by fabric, especially colourful folk motifs.

While we're at it, why not using this fantastic opportunity that WCMD is, and do some shopping? The Craft's Meow is having a sale to help you celebrate! There's a 15% discount up for grabs, on all orders from now until Sunday (October 7th) 11.59pm PST and the discount is in addition to any products in the sale too! Simply enter WCMD2012 at checkout to receive your discount :)

Moving on, how about this card, inspired by ric#21?


I inked up the darling Dogwood stamp from Hero Arts, and the sentiment from PTI Love Lives Here set. I think it's a very appropriate sentiment for today :)
There's a strip of patterned paper (MME) underneath, the horizontal line was done with a grey pen. I used Liquid Pearls to create the little dots.



Inspiration:



One more, folks! This time I'm playing with CFC73 and also honouring the breast cancer awareness month.



Stamps come from PTI (Turning A New Leaf), The Craft's Meow (Inspired By Audrey - sentiment), and WPlus9 (Filigreed Frames with die, Folk Art Florals). The hearts were "sugared" with liquid glitter.


That's all from me today, now I'm off to browse the fabulosity that the other crafty peeps left in the WCMD Gallery! :) Thanks for visiting!

27 comments:

  1. All these cards are amazing - I love them all x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three awesome creations! Love all the beautiful colors on the first card and I LOVE seeing what you did with the dogwood on the 2nd card!! I have that stamp too - so it's fun to see it used in a different way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully designed cards. That card with the Lovely Ovals stamps is so breathtaking....love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards!..I loved the last one the most, so subtle and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards!! Happy World Card Making day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been busy! Love all of your cards - you can do any style! Lots of inspiration here, chupa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! your cards are simply stunning! AMAZING coloring on the first card, I never would have guessed it started it out as a white card! and the second card is just as beautiful. Love the design and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thy are all wonderful but, I have to say the first rainbow colored TCM just made my jaw drop, took my breath away, and rendered me speechless!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't get over how totally talented you are. That RIC card is magnificent. You are a fantastic carmaker!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most impressive, Chupa!! Love each one of them! Happy to see your work at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cards as per your usual. Happy World Card Making Day to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the stamping and coloring on the first card! I am going to have to do this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Chupa, this post is full of such beautiful cards. Each one just WOWed me more and more! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a truly outstanding post-even for you, Chupa! I love your style but these somehow exceed your typical designs. I was especially taken with the first one and all of the Copic coloring. Just fantastic.
    I really appreciate your inspiration. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, phenomenal cards!!!!!! Just amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..pretty gorgeous creations.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy guacamole! Your cards are 'da bomb!' You coloured all the first one? I was wondering how you did it...!
    The stamping on your final card is stunning and beautiful!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow....my goodness! These are all gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of your cards are simply wonderful! The TCM card is my fave - I just can' get over the work you put in to it, the gorgeous design, the brilliant colours and those sequins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of your cards are simply wonderful! The TCM card is my fave - I just can' get over the work you put in to it, the gorgeous design, the brilliant colours and those sequins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowza! Your cards are stunning!! My jaw is dropping! :)
    Love that Audrey Hepburn quote! I'm so glad you played along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that awesome quote and your card is beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love each and every card! Your use of colour in each is simply stunning. I kept trying to decide which I liked best but each is a sure fire winner. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my! How did I miss these? All of these are just amazing. I need to do some pinning! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are amazing. Everything you make is EXQUISITE.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards. Your Runway Inspired is my fav.... a real work of art. Love the yellow Dogwood.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012