Thursday, 18 October 2012

October Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party

I'd really love you to check out my CASE Study card as well! Scroll down or click HERE, thanks :)

I'm cutting it close with the WMS Blog Party this month, and although I was seriously considering dropping it and going to bed (it was a loooong day), it's one of these events that's just impossible to miss... so here I am! :)

We are given this Halloween-y colour palette to work with, and once again I knew I had to approach it creatively, because I have no relevant stamps. In this case, it actually doesn't feel comfortable because I adore WMS Halloween stamps, especially Cicely & Gracie. One of these reasons, why one should celebrate it ;)


Instead, I pulled out Asian Gardens Additions (the lanterns, sentiment) and Asian Gardens (branch), and got messy with Distress Inks and spray mist :)


I started by sponging Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge and Victorian Velvet, inside the Spellbinders rectangle Nestie. I stumbled upon a new way of stamping the lanterns, or I should say that I fortunately learnt it from my grave mistake. I inked the first lantern in Memento Elderberry and discovered that I did so on the back of the stamp, only after it touched the paper... ouch!
So, I decided not to panic and try to lighten that thing up. I took PTI Fresh Snow, inked the correct side of the stamp this time, and the result is the two-step look that you see. Cool, huh?? :)
The branch was stamped in a bit lighter shade of purple, Memento Sweet Plum, while the sentiment is done in black.
The splatters are the work of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Silver. I started by flicking the ink across the card, directly from the dispenser tube. Then I sprayed it the regular way. I LOVE the shimmer that it gave the card... too bad that the photo doesn't show!

Look ma, I used the sketch too! I happened to rotate it 180 degrees... as you would ;)


Summing things up, yes I did notice that I do a lot of inking/gradients/artsy/whatnot these days... and frankly, I'm not sure whether I should be happy or slightly worried... lol

There still is a wee bit of time to join the Party, and you can always go and check out all of the amazing entries as well! Click HERE to be taken to the WMS blog! Thanks for stopping by :)
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. I think this is a gorgeous technique and a gorgeous card! Lovely how you made the best out of a mistake! Should teach us something for life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used those distress inks...this is a beautiful way to highlight the pretty color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Iwona...this is beautiful. I love the solid ink panel in the background of your card, and the awesome distressed look is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the lanterns look amazing! And thanks for sharing how you did it - great design! The shimmer is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love that orange! Great take on the challenge, Chupa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful and striking Iowna!! Love it when "mistakes" turn out awesome!! The distressing is super cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is stunning Chupa!!! Love the bright orange and clean look you achieved. This proves you can do it all ... what an amazing one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is a work of art! Stunning & a perfect showcase for the fabulous Waltzing Mouse stamps :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I love how your mistake turned out Chupa! It really gives the image an extra depth!!! I think this is something I'd like to try! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful effect on those lanterns - papery which is how I imagine them. You are a master at layering, but I love your "new" work, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME stamping, Chupa! I love the silvery lanterns against the bright orange sky...love that it's an inked panel instead of cardstock. Great use of those Teeny Trees as branches! Such a beautiful party project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. EEK, went back and read how you did the lanterns! Love that idea, I thought they were embossed!! So cool :)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW what a gorgeous card. Love all the inking!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at iSpy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK, since this made me say WOW out loud 4 times, I thought I'd better leave a comment! LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mistake is perfect and use of the sketch is fab!! (Believe or not I picked that card...loved it but, too busy with things going on to interpret it)....it's one for me to go back and do again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing! Great job turning lemons into lemonade! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012