Monday, 15 October 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #81

Oh noes! My biggest apologies, for being unforgivably late with the new sketch... for whatever reason, it's been hard for me to work efficiently, and it drives me insane! Ugh...
Because of the delay, I'm going to keep this one open for TWO WEEKS! How 'bout that? :)


It's yet another inspired layout/card. This time the card that captured my heart, is this cute stuff HERE by Laura. Not only I'm a big fan of 2 Cute Ink, but that layout is just totally purr-fect!
Notice how I used different designs for the sticking out bit on the horizontal panel, in the sketch and in my sample. I wanted to do the banner like Laura, but I'm showing you different ways of tackling it, in case you're slightly less crazy about banners than me ;)


The cute little guy is called Pinwheel Panda from Some Odd Girl. Coloured with Copics.
The sentiments/heart come from MFT complimentary set that I don't know the name of. I stamped "YOU" on the tag die cut with Back To Basics Tags Shapeabilities, and the embossing is done with Whimsy M-Bossabilities.

I managed to incorporate a couple of challenges with this one: CR84FN65 with the colours below, Crafty Friends Challenge #8 - Dry Embossing, and most importantly, the Think Pink challenge at Copic Oz, with the most beautiful cause behind it.


---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC81.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------

9 comments:

  1. That is so so cute! Love that darling image, your coloring and color choices and your awesome sketch. I will try to play along. Thank YOU for playing along with the Crafty friends challenge.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - this bear is just so adorable! I do like the embossing background and his sweet pinwheel! Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww girlie.....this is adorable!!!! Love your sweet card!!! Thank you so much for playing the Copic Oz Challenge and helping us raise funds for the McGrath Foundation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! The bear is so cute and embossed background looks gorgeous! Than you for inspiration and for sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet image beautifully coloured! Love the embossed background and the fab sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at CR 84 FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous, Iwona!! So perfectly colored and that embossing is just stinkin' ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chupa, your card is so adorable! Fantastic design and awesome sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for an awesome sketch, Chupa! Your card is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It took me some time to get to this sketch, but I got it done! I loved this one, and I loved your inspiration! http://www.roseblossomlegacies.com/2012/10/sometime-ago-i-was-design-team-member.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012