Sunday, 28 October 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #82

Hi again, sweets! Last post of the weekend, please see the rest below.
It's high time for another sketch, but before I get to it, a bit of announcement. My parents are coming for a long awaited visit this Thursday (all the way from Poland! can.not.wait.) and we'll need some family time, obviously :)
Therefore, from now on I'm be posting my sketches on a BI-WEEKLY basis. I hope that it's a good decision and that those who didn't get to play multiple time in the past, because of the time limits, will now have more chance to do so.

Now, let's roll in the sketch! The idea of mine is to have a window cut in the skewed panel, with stuff peeking out from underneath, but you can, of course, treat it as another layer instead, or whatever your mojo tells you fits best :)


I cut my panel with Nestabilities and "inserted a glass" in the window, or in other words, I put a piece of vellum behind it. lol


This stunning flower is an Impress stamp, which I inked with Memento Cantaloupe and Peanut Brittle, the darker shade layered on top of the other. The sentiment is Hero Arts Truly Appreciated, and the DP - Studio Calico.
I curled up the petals of the flowers, it's actually quite dimensional and looks really lovely. I should've taken a good photo of it...

---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC82.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every other Saturday (occasionally Sunday, if I'm running late), but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------

9 comments:

  1. Whoot whooot for your parents coming!!! Sure mom will make some great meals for you :) Wonderful flower and sketch. One little request...if others make the same comment, can you increase your font size just a teensy bit...hard for these old eyes to read LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo lovely!!! I can't wait to try this one. love your card..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, love those colours :) How exciting to see your parent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sketch, and loved using it with some of my new stamps!

    Your card is gorgeous, Chupa!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great sketch and inpiration Chupa. I almost got it right! Except I attached the flower on the other side... your idea of a window panel is fabulous! I just had to use it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeks...mama and papa are coming! I'm so happy for you! your little Cuplet will be so spoiled, LOL! Love the window/frame and might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sketch and your card example - colours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012