Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Neon Christmas

I noticed a new challenge on the Moxie Fab World today, The Keen On Neon.
I never knew how to handle neon colours, and for years I considered them kitschy. Until I noticed the trend, that is - which as any trend may be more or less valid in one's point of view, but always should be considered as a powerful tool. Or, the mustache trend. Doesn't necessarily turn me on much either, but I say if people can get a tad silly because the trend allows them to do so, I say why not :)

I'm getting a tad silly here too, with this extremely neon-y Christmas card. I gave the two gorgeous stamps from Hero Arts their first inking, which is condemnable since I won them in a HA Contest a good few months ago :P
I'm entering this card into their November Contest as well (Bring on the Bling, Embossing), hope that fact will bring me some luck *wink*


Okay, so I own close to nothing in terms of crafts, that is of neon colour. I made my way around it by using PTI Raspberry Fizz for my card. If any of their colours that may be considered as such, that's surely the one!
I embossed the gorgeous Dotted Snowflake with Teal You What EP from Gel-A-Tins, and topped it up with 2012 Snowflake Pendant Shapeabilities® & MME glazed brad. The shape was die cut from Core'Dinations glitter cardstock, the one truly neon piece on this card :)
The sentiment comes from the Miracle Of The Holiday set.

I hope you like it :)
Thanks for stopping by! Join me for a CASE Study challenge in a couple of hours and then the last day of TCM November release previews shortly afterwards!

22 comments:

  1. WOW, seriously gorgeous...off to pin now...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goregous card! That blue and yellow really pop on the melon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I'm not into the moustache and neon trend either :) I fell into the hexagon trap and I had to get the hexagon die, after I got it , it was only used for a couple of cards!! Now it is sitting on the bottom of my dies tin! So I am not getting any neon inks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a rare super bright card I actually like! But on a small side note, SU! made melon mambo paper. Could it be PTI Hibiscus burst or did you just forget the company?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE anything bright, but has taken me a short while to warm to neons too, I think it's the memory of of my teen years and the flash backs with the WHAM T-shirts and jelly shoes.... Anyhoo, your card really is amazing Chupa and a real eye catching design, LoVe it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, Chupa! Bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! Love the mix of neon and snowflake details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours, gorgeous card Chuppa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chuppa, this looks amazing! Gorgeous neon Christmas card. Love the layout, the texture and stamps you used.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to the Keen on Neon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not just cuz it's neon - but I LOVE this card. Not a speck of white but it's still CAS somehow. The dots... too perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this packs a punch - what a great statement card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome. It just looks festive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your win. So well deserved, this card is one of my favs of yours, ehich is tough to decide because most everything you make is so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is fabulous! Congratulations on winning the Moxie Fab challenge! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, congrats on the win, this is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is one big WOW! Fabulous card!!!!! Congrats on your Moxie Fab Win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012