Thursday, 22 November 2012

Welcome back, mojo

Please scroll down to see my CASE Study post below as well!

I didn't say much on here, but I've been struggling to find a spark of creativity, in what seems like weeks. You know the kind of disappointment, when you spent your usual (long) time on something, only to discover that it's nothing like you envisioned it in your head.
In most of my 'crafty life' I guess I was pretty lucky, never having have to look for inspiration for long. Well, until this year, that is. I guess it's been the magnitude of stuff that life threw on me in the past months, distracted me to the point that other things had to let go.
I was a bit worried that I might be again losing the passion, but luckily I had an unexpected surge of creativity today, and I admit that it made me crazily happy. Whew! Feels good, man!
Anyhoo, the result are these...


PTI (Delightful Dahlia) and WPlus9 (Filigreed Frames) stamps, Copics and white gel pen, October Afternoon paper.
Sketch from FTL217 and colour inspiration from ric#24:

  

And one more...


From bottom layer up: Pink Paislee paper; MFT Die-Namics tag (and again PP paper) with Inkadinkado sentiment stamped on it (Reach For The Sky, the butterfly also a part of the set); October Afternoon doily stamp; My Mind's Eye banner die cut; Kaisercraft crocheted doily & Prima wooden button with button twine bow; butterfly stamped on PP.

Inspiration this time, comes from Tuesday Trigger:Frame By Frame:


Be sweet,

21 comments:

  1. I love the butterfly card. Also, I'm glad you found your mojo. You're such an inspiration to me. Your blog is the first blog I look at every morning. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I {heart} you :) and man, these GORGEOUS cards really makes me happy looking at them :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear your mojo has returned, and that you are enjoying y our talent again :)

    Beautiful cards, and absolutely love the sentiment on the "reach for the sky" card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found your mojo again - nothing worse when it leaves! Gorgeous cards - I completely love the layering on that 2nd card! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, and what's amazing is that I would never have guessed that your mojo went walk about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have such beautiful cards! Mojo is a fickle mistress, especially if we are busy in other areas.
    I love your use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! Of course we hadn't noticed you weren't feeling inspired - your work didn't suffer! Glad to hear you're feelin' it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you have made some cards you are happy with. It is a great feeling when things come together and it always feels a bit frustrating if I feel I have made an 'ugly' card or that I just don't like it in the end. I always like to look at your blog, even if I don't normally comment. You cards are always lovely and interesting to look at though, even if you haven't felt like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are simply beautiful! The dimension on the blue flower is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My Word...fabulous!! Love the blue flower and all the scrappiness in the second!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you added white to the petals on the first card! What a great addition! Will have to remember that touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chupa your shading on that violet flower is amazing - you've added so much depth it's really breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chupa these are both so lovely! Love the gel pen on the flower - stunning! And all your beautiful layers and crochet flower make the second card so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow-eee ... the layers on your Trigger card are ah-mazing!! The colors, the textures, the shapes, the patterns, they all work so well together. So luxurious, Chupa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I really like how you added those white highlights for the blue flower. Looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty cards- you are always the best at layering! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your TT win, Chupa, your card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the layering and textures. Your mojo is definately showing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're a real artist! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012