Thursday, 6 December 2012

CASE Study Challenge #120

It's officially December now, at the CASE Study blog! As it happens, we also get to introduce a new talented lady into our Pantheon, and I'm so happy to announce that we're going to draw our inspiration from Windy Robinson!!
I had an honour and pleasure to meet her at the Spellbinders Retreat earlier this year, and she's just as sweet as she is talented. I hope we'll all have heaps of fun with her designs in this oh-so-festive month! :)
Let's start with this number...


I chose this particular card, for the uber cool effect, that embossing with dies gives. It's one of my favourite techniques done with Spellbinders dies and I was itching to do something nice with it.
For this purpose, I used two of the Labels Sixteen.
It's super easy to achieve this effect, just use your embossing plate and tan mat instead of the cutting plate, and you're good to go.

On the rest of the card, I've taken October Afternoon Sidewalks papers (the flowers were also cut from one of the sheets), a PTI sentiment and  a couple of rhinestones.

Please visit the the Design Team, for more inspiration! Click on the links below to be taken to their blogs.
We also introduce a new fabulous Guest Designer today, Wida!!  YAY :)

Windy Robinson - December Muse
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Wida Miller - December Guest Designer

Should you wish to join us, you will find the challenge details at CASE Study!

8 comments:

  1. Love the frame detail behind the flowers and the colors. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fast, fun and FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful effect you created! I love the debossed frames and the clean look of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this paper pack...going to be stealing your idea just as soon as I get the chance! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, and thank you for making me feel so welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Love the composition and the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012