Saturday, 22 December 2012

Jay Gee's Nook - Thanks

Happy pre-Christmas weekend! What are your plans for today? We have a few cakes left to bake and  barszcz (beetroot soup) to prepare tomorrow. I'll see if I can share the recipe for my favourite walnut cake (mazurek) a bit later in the day :)

I'm sharing my last Jay Gee's Nook DT card for this year, we're taking a break until Sunday the 13th of January.
I'm still in the mood for WPlus9, although this time I pulled out one of their beautiful dies, Quilt Cuts 2. I'm mesmerized by the look of the dainty border between the pieces. I can see fantastic stained glass-like designs done with this die, even using the border alone can produce great effects I'm sure.


I've got SU! Lucky Limeade for my card base and the die cut/sentiment, and a panel of PTI Enchanted Evening. I applied Versa Color Cyan ink to the die cut pieces, using ink cube direct to paper. Love using them for this purpose.
I cut the sentiment with my Cameo, and scored around the die cut with ScorBuddy. A length of decorative trim and a rhinestone brad, finish the card.

Here's my inspiration, ric#26:


Hop on over to the JG's Nook blog, to see more from the Design Team.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful Chupa - love it!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the subtle effect of the inking around the edges of the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, Chupa! I thought of that die the moment I saw the inspiration photo (but I don't have it). Your card is beautiful and elegant, just like the dress. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have to stop the awesomeness, I can't take it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The inking you did to the die cut pieces looks so cool! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous inking on the die cuts! I NEED some lucky limeade paper now! That color is awesome! So glad you joined us over at the Runway Challenge, Chupa!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding, Chupa! This is so original and creative! Thank you for joining us in the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012