Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Casadia (and a scrapbook)

Good grief, did you notice that I've been blogging every day this week??  If you're likely to have missed anything, give it a scroll!

I treated myself to some leisurely crafting, last night and this morning alike. I've been itching to make a scrapbook which it finally came to, but before I show it... did you hear about CASADIA?
It's a brain child of my crafty friend Wida's and you know I love if it means a bit of good ole' CASE'ing :)
Jenny Martin was the last one to submit the card, here it is:


See all the cards in the chain HERE.
I love the pairing of melon with b&w, and polka dots. I added a touch of orange for some extra interest. The stamps and die are from PTI Love Lives Here set.


The panel as well as the heart, were popped up on dimensionals. Stickles were added to the heart, yum!



....................................................................................................................

And here's the page! As always, I'd mix the supplies from a variety of manufacturers. I don't own much in terms of scrapbooking-friendly stuff, so I help myself to whatever happens to lie around and promises to make a roughly coherent project ;)
Here the base is a Bo Bunny paper, and the other papery goodness comes from Canvas Corp., Glitz Design, Kaisercraft, Basic Grey, Crate Paper - to name a few.
I also did some stamping, using Hero Arts Circle Doily and PTI Say It With Style.




A couple of close-ups.




The photo was taken roughly two weeks ago, on our way back home from the vacation in South Australia. Hubby was nailed down with some impromptu computer work, while we were chilling in a very nice park in Bordertown (they also had a nice bakery with the most indulging gift shop... eeek!). My parents did a brilliant work with entertaining Chuplet.

(Btw, yes I DO need a (good) new printer... the laser that we've got was doing a pretty decent job until recently, not sure what its issues are. Sigh.)

7 comments:

  1. Love your take on the casadia...love the sweet heart.

    Your layout is gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you took me by surprise, but oh my, what's not to love here? You ALWAYS impress me, especially when you want to participate in CASADIA. I am honored :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning projects!! Absolutely amazing. I love the card with the cute glittert heart, but my do I love that layout so so much too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh love these!! two stunners in one post! Amazing design for the card; love the little heart sitting on the negative circle die. As for the page, it looks so artistic and awesome! Perfect balance of colors and elements. Very few scrapbook pages impress me and this has done the job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it when you go CAS Chupa!! Oh and stunning layout too - love the arrow heads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chupa, your CASADIA card is perfect! Beautiful work! And your layout is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I was very excited to see you had cased my card! I love the layout and the sentiment with the gorgeous heart!
    Your scrapbooking page is amazing - so many fun elements, but still so CAS. The photo looks so vintage and I love the angle of the photo with the bridge in the background and the unusual tree trunk! Chuplet looks so much like you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012