Monday, 28 January 2013

Mmmm... brownies!

I might have hinted on Facebook yesterday, that I'll be sharing another recipe with you...
I made a double batch of brownie cake over the long weekend, wanting to take a portion over to mum & dad's but that unfortunately didn't work out, so we're left with double the happiness right about now!
(well actually, not so much double any more, 'cause most of the first tray is gone... lol)

There are tons of brownie recipes out there, many of them equally mouth-watering and delish. As much as I like to experiment, when it comes to tried, quick and wonderfully scrummy treats, I'm signing up both hands. Such is this cake - super easy & impossible to fail with. Rich & moist, and just heavenly. A chocolate lover's treat :)


Brownie cake

140g (4.9 oz) dark chocolate (70%)
250g (8.8 oz) caster sugar
140g flour, sifted
4 eggs
250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
200g (7 oz) walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)

Melt chocolate in a dish placed on top of the pan of boiling water. Set aside until it's warm, but not hot any more. Mix butter, add chocolate, then eggs, sugar, flour. Blend until the ingredients combine. Fold in chopped walnuts with a spoon.
(note: I usually don't add them, since I like the chocolate taste uninterrupted, but you're most welcome to!)
Pour into the rectangle dish 25cm x 35cm (9.8" x 13.8") or similar. Put into the heated oven (190 C, 374 F) for 20 minutes.
Set aside to cool down for half an hour, cut into squares.

Bon appetit!

4 comments:

  1. You're making me really hungry for brownies!! I make these amazing marbled ones, will have to dig out the recipe and pass it onto you too - can never have too many brownie recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brownies look delightful... the china plate they are on is DEVINE!..LOVE those blossoms and berries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum!!! LOve brownies and should totally try this one...with nuts because I love them and I'm a little nutz myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012