Friday, 18 January 2013

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #88

HaPpY WeEkEnD!! 
First things first - due to the slight shift in my DT responsibilities, I'll have semi-regular postings on Saturdays, therefore I'll need to alter the time I share the Sketchbook posts with you. I was considering moving them entirely to Sunday but that would require changing the name and it just felt wrong. I grew fond of that little title of my sketches, however mundane it sounds, and I'm sure you did as well.
So. From now on I WILL be posting on what technically are Sundays *my time*, but what still are Saturdays in EST (which is the time I've got my blog set to). Frankly, in the past it happened often anyway, since I was notoriously late... lol.

That being said... here's the new sketch!



...and my heavily embellished sample card. Which I happen to like quite a lot :)


I'm linking it to the Use 10 Different Embellishments challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I counted just to make sure, and in fact I've got twelve embellies here. Too many to account for in detail...
That resin frangipani flower is a remnant from the very early days of my card making. I wondered whether I'll use it on something or hoard forever, but it complimented this cheerful ensemble just right.


The chipboard butterfly from Maya Road, was inked with sage ink and I adhered a Glitz Design Glitzer on top of it.
I also did some stamping, I used Fabulous Flourish from Hero Arts, for the pink scrolls and Nordic Spring from Waltzingmouse for the decorative border, embossed in white at the bottom of the panel (photo below).
There's also a faux stitch, stamped with In Stitches set from There She Goes.


As always, hope you'll have fun with the sketch!

---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC88.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every other Saturday afternoon (American EST time ~ or around mid-day Sunday Melbourne time), but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this! The colours are so fresh and bright and even though you used twelve embellishments (which I have to admit would fill me with fear!) your card does not look overly busy, just beautifully balanced :) can you hear the jealousy?!! ;) this card makes me very happy, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, I love the yellow on this! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Drop-dead gorgeous! Love the bright, perky, "be happy" colors and embellishmnets...each perfectly placed! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Chupa. Love the pretty colors and neat elements. Great sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh... A fabulous Chupa scrappy card!! Smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful colors on this...and I love the felt banner!! Amazing job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to the Use 10 Different Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012