Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Smitten... a scrapbook

How utterly frustrating...
I would have told you that plenty of times before, I just can not take a decent photo of a scrapbook page. If it wasn't enough that as a learner (and a very self-critical one too!) I virtually never end up with something I consider good in my books. Sheesh.
I don't claim to be a good photographer, in fact I'm acutely aware of the fact that there's lots to learn, but in the years of photographing cards and stuff, on the almost daily basis, I was able to develop the techniques that work well on my photos. Except when it comes to scrapbooks, when to my amazement, all my skills seem to miraculously vanish.

I committed the one below two days ago, and let me tell you, it was for the first time that I was actually pretty cool with the result. Not as in "holy cow, will you look at THIS!!", but I decided that my perseverance is indeed leading me somewhere. Yet, all of that magic disappeared the moment I took the damned photos. LOL





I'll let you judge for yourselves :)

4 comments:

  1. Yes, love it! It's got a great flow, with the yellow banners on the top pointing down to your photo, and the circle bouncing your eye to the left. Plus a really cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way too hard on yourself (says she who is equally hard on herself). This layout is lovely, lots of really great little details, and the photo you chose is cute too! I don't see anything wrong with your layout photo, but if you really are bothered about it I have seen a couple of tutorials online for how others photograph theirs which might be useful for you. :-) But seriously girl, stop being so hard on yourself - your work is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - It really is nice to hear that there is something you struggle with! However, I think the photo of your page is quite good. It is very clear and your zooms look awesome. Go with it -- you are doing a grand job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah....agree with Vicki Dutcher...you struggle with something....just teasing!! I do know that it is harder to take photos of "off " sizes as I am not used to it either, but, it is another fab LO!! Love the pics of you and hubs...and the detail images of sections of your page!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012