Friday, 8 February 2013

A couple of cards... and biscuits!

I'm still on a huge card kick. So much so, that I keep having something to post every day. Easily. While other stuff is waiting, like the recipe for the yummy cookies I made and photographed a week ago and finally decided to include in this post, before I forget all about it!
I blame the excitement over the again-found love for patterned papers, aided by a small but irresistibly good, fresh supply of the aforementioned, that keeps me wanting to cut, snip and paste all day long. Ahhh.
Also, the challenges. How they come handy when I need to give my card a kick start! For long weeks I've been barely playing any, it doesn't seem to be the case any more either. I'm not doing heaps at a time, though, and thanks goodness. A rather good improvement in my books.
So.

I happened to make a Christmas card. Wha...??? Never before such a folly would have happened to me. But, granted that I LOVE making Christmas cards, and that a really fun challenge blog appeared on the horizon, called Festive Friday, I thought why not?


A colour combo of red, white & silver is given for their first challenge, and apart from swapping silver for platinum and adding a small slate coloured accent, that's what I followed.


I cut a piece of Simple Stories DP for the base. The snowflake is a Hero Arts Dotted Snowflake stamp that I was actually quite giddy to use again. I did so only once, between the time I bought it and the festive season ended. Mind you, that card happened to grant me a Moxie Fab win, so I think I've got pretty little reason to whinge ;)
I embossed it with the Liquid Platinum EP from Ranger.


The sentiment comes from WPlus9 set, Poinsettia Patterns.

One more card, not 100% my style but nothing too disastrous I think either :)
It was fun to put together for sure. I combined Basic Grey paper/sticker from the Plumeria line, with a MME journaling card, and a heart cut with Spellbinders die. Plus a rhinestone and a staple for accents. I tried hard not to overdo this one, but I keep thinking it's boring...



I combined here the inspiration from ric#29 and a CTS#14 sketch below.

 

 ......................................................................

Now, for the biscuits. I haven't forgotten :)
It's not a biggie of a recipe, they're quick and easy to make and a fantastic treat for those who watch their calories. A relatively guilt-free snack that still packs a punch with flavour.


Rock cakes

Makes 12
2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup dried mixed fruit
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
4 tbsps (60g) margarine (Flora Light recommended for a healthier option)
1/2 cup skim milk
2 egg whites (I added whole eggs)
cooking spray
2 tsps extra sugar to sprinkle on top

Preheat oven to 200C (392F) fan forced.
Mix all dry ingredients except extra sugar. Combine together melted margarine & milk, add egg whites (eggs) and beat with fork until combined. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, mix well. Coat baking tray with cooking spray , place large spoonfuls of mixture. Sprinkle extra sugar on top of each one. Bake for 20 minutes.

*Please note, that all measuring is given in Australian standards.
1 cup = 250ml
1 tsp = 5ml
1 tbsp = 20ml
Make sure you adjust your measures, if you use British or American standards. Thanks!


This recipe originally comes from "Symply too good to be true" book by Annette Sym.
Bon appetit and thanks for coming :)

11 comments:

  1. I {heart} this Christmas card so much! So much I tell you!! The patterned paper is yummy, that giant snowflake is embossed with such a perfect shade... everything about it is just perfect!

    Second card is really cool too, I see what you mean about it not being your normal style, but you still rocked it nonetheless. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Chupa...that snowflake makes a stunning statement!!! So glad you've taken the time to play with us and to add this beauty to the inspiration at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY post, Chupa! LOVELY take on the Runway photo! Each element is beautifully placed and chosen! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, those biscuits look AMAZING.

    I love your second card - I think you did a great job with it, even if you think it isn't totally your style!

    I am SO excited that you played with us at FF though, so I won't lie - the Christmas card is my favourite!! I love that you used platinum in place of the silver - it's such a warm accent. I also love the patterned paper you chose.. really, I love it all! THANK YOU for playing with us, I hope we can keep enticing you back!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chupa, you are so AMAZING! I haven't been able to play with any challenges myself lately and I feel like I'm missing something, cross my fingers I may get a chance real soon. I adore your Christmas card, that 'liquid platinum' is sooo nice, but those biscuits have totally made my hungry lol!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week, LoVe the added texture of the felt banner and the staple it's genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! LOVE that snowflake on the first card!! Just LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this post is a treasure trove! Beautiful Christmas card and I love the felt and pop of blue on your RIC/CTS card - Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! Yum on the recipe, thanks for sharing. I might try that this weekend. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, two cards and biscuits, too?!. Nice. Love the snowflake medallion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness - you've been a very busy girl! Those cookies look amazing (they're making my mouth water! LOL) and so do your cards - absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards!!Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012