Thursday, 28 February 2013

A special WMS DT Blog Waltz

Don't miss my CASE Study post too! Feel free to scroll down to see it, thank you :)

Today is a big day in the 'Waltzingmouse house'! We're hosting a special Blog Waltz, featuring our favourites among the WMS stamp sets, and also welcoming new members to the Team - the previous Mischief Makers. So happy to be joining the event as one of the newly fledged Teamies :)

You will easily notice, that I have tremendous trouble naming just a single set as my favourite. I admit that I used four different sets on my project, but two of them play a crucial role and these I'm quite hooked on these days: Vintage Garden - Seed Packet and Camellia.
I made a sweet little 'thank you' gift set, with a decorative name plate, plus a matching tag & card.


I pulled out my Cameo and made extensive use of the cutting files, for both Camellia flowers/leaves and the seed packet elements. Claire generously provides them in the store, HERE and HERE respectively.
The little bits of text paper, used behind the window on the name plate and on the card, is a Kaisercraft DP. The blooms were coloured with Copic markers.



The mossy green cardstock is an older SU! colour, I can't remember the name... True Thyme, perhaps??
I did most of the stamping with Versafine Onyx Black, but used Memento on this particular tag below, because I didn't want the Copics I coloured with, to smear.


 The other two sets featured on the card, are French Country and Heirloom Patterns, that I've got the diamond and lace borders from. Both stamped in Memento London Fog. A length of grosgrain ribbon and a paper doily, finish the card.


I hope this little ensemble strikes your fancy, it was great fun to make!
If you haven't yet done so, get ready for heaps more inspiration along the way, as you make your way through the whole list of the Design Team's blogs! I can't wait to see for myself, what their favourites are and what magic they cooked up with them :)

Iwona a Palamountain   You're here!

and of course, don't miss Claire's creation on her own blog too :) Happy waltzing!

16 comments:

  1. Lovely and vibrant and everything in between Iwona, love the set of flower oriented lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty project and beautifully coloured too! Congratulations on joining the WM DT too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just makes me smile so much. I don't think I need to say anything else. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Chupa!!! That purple just jumps off the page - love your coloring and those camellias - brilliant to match them with the seed packet! Wow! Just lovin those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous flowers and love them with the seed packet!! congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your purple camellias are just wonderful Chuppa! The colors are so deep - what a lovely gift set you created! Welcome to the WMS DT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purple camellias! The layers are just right. TFS.
    Congrads on the WMS DT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - this is a wonderful set! Love, love the purple camellia - brilliant colouring! Many congratulations too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a beautiful gift set! Your coloring is so pretty and vibrant. Congratulations on your new DT position. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful. I'm not a flowery person, but that is gorgeous! Congratulations on joining the WMS DT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That purple is so bold and beautiful. What a great gift idea. Welcome to WMS. I look forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! You rock. Thanks for sharing

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWESOME AWESOME...So much awesomeness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow Chupa, this is gorgeous...so glad to be joining the team with you!

    hugs *~*

    ReplyDelete
  15. This little set is super sweet and absolutely stunning! :) the colours are just perfect, I don't use nearly enough purple - I am inspired ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such gorgeous Copic colouring. Note to self - must learn how to do this properly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012