Monday, 4 February 2013

February Beautiful World Tour


Hello and welcome to January Flourishes Beautiful World Tour!!
Once again, it’s time to get those passports ready, grab a cup of coffee and prepare for take off as once again we prepare to travel the world and be inspired by talented girls from all parts of the globe!

If you do a little globetrotting with us and stamp our passports (leave us a comment), you could WIN A FREE FLOURISHES STAMP SET!! The catch is, you don't know which country is going to be this month's vacation spot (chosen blog) so leave a comment on each one by January 31st for your chance to win.

If you've jetted in from Sasha's blog then you have arrived at the right destination. If you haven't, perhaps you'd like to start your journey back in Florida at the Flourishes Blog so you don't miss any of the inspiration along the way!

This month I’m the hostess and whoever knows me, also knows how much I love to work with card sketches. So I’m bringing you one that I hope you’ll enjoy!
As a rule of thumb, feel free to take a creative license in altering it to suit your needs :)


On my sample I used the gorgeous set called Blooming Aussie Florals, the Sturt Desert Rose is a floral emblem of Australian Northern Territory and a dream to colour!


I wanted to try the watercolour look with my Copics, somewhat less precise and more ‘airy’ than the common techniques out there. I chose not to blend the colours neatly, and also allowed for small uncoloured patches to pop through. It gave the image nice texture and a natural look.


I used Green Grass collection for the foliage, supported by YG97 for the shadows. The flowers were coloured with Peony Collection , but again I added more depth with BV11 & BV23. Burnt Orange  was used for the flower centers.




Thanks for taking time to visit me here in Australia, it's time to grab your passports and board Flourishes Flight, your next destination is.........

33 comments:

  1. I need to try the watercolour technique - I love how it looks. And I LOVE the bold colours of this card, it's so summery and fresh... thanks for sending some of your sunshine this way, even it if is just as a card! haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your colouring is fabulous and packs a real punch of colour whilst also giving the impression of delicate flowers - amazing! And once again, your bold use of colour brings a smile to my face - this is suh a happy card, I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love how you have coloured the flowers - they look as if they have a sheen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UMMMM...HELLO...How AMAZING is this card?..LOTs and lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous as always, Iwona! Love your colouring - absolutely STUNNING! Thank-you SO much for creating this FABULOUS sketch for us to use...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!

    Hugs from Canada,
    Naomi
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring is amazing!! I think I prefer this look to normal Copic colouring now!! Beautiful beautiful card - so much of interest to look at, I think if I were still looking after half an hour I'd still be spotting something new that makes me go 'oooooh!!!'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and pretty and papers. Your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning colouring! I love your pretty little card. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Your coloring is gorgeous. Thanks for including the copics used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iwona, I loved the sketch and I LOVE your card! Gorgeous as always! Love those fresh spring colors and the coloring is beautiful. I am kind of glad that you are back to your multilayered cards :) I admire how you are able to join everything together in those gorgeous creations!

    Hugs,
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. STunning! Love the water color effect and gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a bright and beautiful card, Iwona. Stunning colouring and I love the colours. Thank you for such a lovely inspirational sketch! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't get enough of looking at this card, it is SO Beautiful! I think I may just print it and hang it in my craft room! I need to learn how to color flowers like that! It looks so natural and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Chupa! The coloring is just stunning! Love your flowers! Thanks for this great sketch! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Iwona! Love the sketch and the way you coloured the beautiful roses.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your coloring is SO so pretty on this card! I love the sketch, too. What a fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good golly that's gorgeous Iwona! Fabulous sketch inspiration this month. I love the colouring technique you used on your Aussie blooms - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful sketch and fabulous card--I like your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you painted with Copics and let the little white patches remain for interest. Very pretty effect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the painterly effect you got on the card. Beautifully done. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely creation! Your coloring is stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic! love the coloring and the papers used. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely work of art! The card is amazing! Love the coloring you used on the flowers! Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the water color effect on your flowers. Gorgeous papers and your coloring is divine!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is beautiful! Love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now I'm totally smitten with your desert rose, colored in a most inspiring style! Glad I found this blog tour today for sure!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your stunning use of colour and your colouring is Gorgeous!!! What a beautiful way to showcase this beautiful set!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So beautiful! Love the look you created with your "watercolor"; it is gorgeous and I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  29. AMAZING! I love the watercolor look you achieved with the Copics. I want to try that too! :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely gorgeous! Every square inch is total eye-candy! Thanks for showing the beauty of that watercolor technique.
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012