Sunday, 17 February 2013

February Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party

It's time for a new WMS Blog Party!! I've been waiting for this one to happen, for the theme is DOILIES which you must know I love with all my Chupish heart...
Besides, I'm gearing up behind the scenes, for my first gig as a newly fledged WMS DT member and this is such a nice warm-up. Tee hee!

It's so my style, to reach for several sets at a time, especially while creating with Waltzingmouse. The sets often fit together beautifully, regardless of being part of a larger theme group or not.
First up, I used Dainty Doilies 2 set, to go with the theme. I stamped them on SU! Sahara Sand, with either Pumice Stone Distress Ink or with Versamark and white embossed.
Added to the background, were the pine branches and berries from Festive Foliage.
The antique lamp and leaves from Bright Season, was stamped in HA Soft Granite Shadow Ink and ColorBox Ice Jade, and shaded with Copics. I used various Memento inks for the rest.
The sentiment comes from A Cottage Christmas, and was stamped on the Ribbon Banner Shapeabilities die cut.


I distressed the edges and inked them white. The burlap DP underneath belongs to the Glitz Design French Kiss paper pad.
The embellishments include lace, pearls and a Prima bloom/leaves.

Here's the inspiration behind this card, click on the graphics to be taken to the relevant challenges:

   

Check out the WMS BLOG for the rest of the Blog Party entries, and please join us if you find the time!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - this is absolutely beautiful! I love the background paper you've made and that lantern is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chupa, this is STUNNING! I love how you incorporated the doily for the WMS challenge (which I totally forgot about!! shoot!!), and holy COW did you kill the Rustic theme!! Thanks again for playing with FF - I am SO grateful for your support!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Christmas card Chupa! love the flowered lantern and mixture of doily and pine bough stampings on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this card is stunning! The lantern is so striking, and the doily and the foliage in the background are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Congratulations on being appointed to the WMS design team. I am sure you will have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Christmas card! Love the lantern image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning Chupa! You know I love doilies, right? No? Well you do now!! I love all the little touches you incorporated to make the truly special, and that lantern is the icing on the cake!! Can't wait to see what else you do with WMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful, Chupa! I just love how you stamped the lantern, the different shades of color are striking. Love the mix of the pine boughs and the doilies in the background...like snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous use of all these sets!!! Stunning as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing, Iwona. Such a lovely Christmas card with all of your various images that all work so well together. Your doily peeking out from beneath your lantern is a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow! This is a beauty to look at, love all the gorgeous stamping you did. The lantern is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love all the layers of this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful Christmas card, I just love that lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how you do it - your mojo must be working overtime the lantern look so fresh and new Chupa! So many gorgeous details - it doesn't get better than this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card!! Your layering of all the different elements is fabulous! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chupa...wow! This card just blows me away! Wonderful. Hugs to you missy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, my...how very pretty, Chupa! Love each and every element and image on this beauty! Especially love how you've brought in a little white to lighten and freshen it all up! Thanks so much for adding to the inspiration over at Festive Friday...so glad you're enjoying it! (Saw you in my latest PaperCraft mag...Congrats!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This is so pretty. I just love all your different elements.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012