Thursday, 14 February 2013

Jay Gee's Nook - Valentine's Day inspiration

This is my second post for today, please see the CASE Study post below as well. Thanks!

I'm breaking the schedule, with a sweet extra post for JG's Nook! All of the Teamies prepared a group posting for your viewing pleasure today, you can see them all on the Jay Gee's Nook blog. We're also saying hello to our first Guest Designer today, but I'm not going to reveal the name, you've got to pop in there to find out :)


We are sharing some Valentine's Day inspiration, and my project is a cute little stamped canvas bag. Judith recently started to offer bags of all sorts in the store, and I thought I'd show you how nice they look stamped. Just FYI, my bag is not exactly like the ones that the store carries, but they would perform just the same.


The stamps used, come from the beautiful WPlus9 set called Love Birds, but I've also got pink butterflies and "berries" from another set of theirs, Mother's Day Bouquet. Memento inks in Lilac Posies, Love Letter and Hero Arts Soft Blossom, were the inks I used for stamping.


To stamp the pattern in a shape of your choice, all you need is trace this shape onto the canvas, using a pencil and a very light pressure. Once you're done, you can erase the lines easily enough. Make sure your eraser is clean, or you'll end up rubbing graphite onto the fabric!
I used rectangle and heart-shaped Nestabilities to trace my shapes.





Hop on over to the Jay Gee's Nook blog to see more from the Design Team :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the palette of pinks and reds. This bag would make a wonderful gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely sooo sweet Chupa. And when you add the chocolate, it just becomes perfect, I LoVe this idea, thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012