Monday, 11 February 2013

PTI colour inspiration, celebrate

Yesterday I shared a card made with one of the sketches on Nichole's blog, today the celebrations continue and we've got several yummy colour combos to choose from. I succumbed to the temptation again; I always liked the combinations of colours that Nichole shared on her blog and these are no different.
I was especially drawn to this yummy one:

I used several of PTI's cardstock colours on my card, from Soft Stone (main panel), through Kraft, Fine Linen and Melon Berry for the matting. Don't ask me how I got this funny orange-y tint on the latter, in reality the colour of the CS is identical with the ink...


The stamp sets used, are the immortal and ever-trendy Dot Spot, also Boy Basics: Simple Circles and Think Big Favorites $3, of which I used only a partially inked sentiment.
Unfortunately I don't own any PTI inks *pout*, so I used Memento Rhubarb Stalk to imitate Scarlet Jewel, Versa Magic Wheat & Pink Grapefruit as substitutes for Fine Linen & Melon Berry, and Pumice Stone Distress Ink for Kraft.
A couple of pearls finish the card.

I wasn't overly happy with my previous, "scrappy" take on the CTS#14 sketch and I've been hoping for an opportunity to redeem myself with a cleaner version. Well, that's what it is!


As usual, hope to see you again soon :) Be sweet!

6 comments:

  1. Oh My Chupa! This is stunning!
    Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much Chupa! You've worked these colours so well and I am a huge Dot Spot lover!

    No PTI inks though? Well, there's only one solution to that. You'll have to come stay with me and play with mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful use of the sketch AND the colors - rich and celebratory!! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours and beautiful use of simple stamping for the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of the sketch and the colors! Love what you have created here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card! Love the layout, the colors, everything!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012