Sunday, 10 February 2013

PTI sketch, orange daffodils

Hi there! I've been MIA since Saturday, spending some fun time with the family, and running a craft sale on Facebook. By the way, make sure you pop in to my FOR SALE page before everything sells - there's a big turnaround outside of here :)
Anyway, I'm here briefly  to share a card, made with one of the lovely PTI contest sketches on Nichole's blog. I would love to tackle a few more if I had the time, but I doubt I can...


This sketch tickles my banner-loving side and I just couldn't resist it. Here's what I came up with:


PTI Sweet Blush card, stamped with Polka Dot Basics in Memento Angel Pink.White cardstock and a scrap of Raspberry Fizz, for the banners. The flowers and sentiment from YOF: Daffodils, the first stamped in Memento Rose Bud & paper pieced with Orange Zest CS, and the latter in Rhubarb Stalk.
Highlights with Copic marker were added to the flowers for an extra dimension.
I scored a line along the outline of the large banner (window cut out with Nestabilities), and added some pearls to the smaller one.

I've been wondering what colours to use on the card, until I browsed a couple of challenges and found cQc#175. Orange and pink is an intriguing combo that I only gave an initial try a couple of months ago, and fell in love with.


Hope you like it! See you again soon, xx

9 comments:

  1. I love this card - it is so awesome! The colour combo is totally unexpected, I love the boldness of the pink and the orange! The banner is perfect, and I love how you used the sketch to add a window to get more gorgeous detail in. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on the sketch!The cut out of the banner is a FABULOUS idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card and take on the sketch. I love the colors and the dimension of the daffodils. If I am not a follower already I soon will be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Love how you did the cut out. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on the sketch, Chupa! Those flowers really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is inspired - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! LOVE those bold orange flower! your cards are always so interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012