Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Red & aqua

These two colours together, how they get me into a state of a colour-nerd euphoria... Give me any shade of aqua/teal/baby blue, add a splash of red (pink?) and you can't fail with that.
I'm playing with a couple of challenges today, that happily fed my addiction to these, but before I tell you which ones, let us see the card first.


I chose an almost greyish shade of aqua, to cover my card base. It's a MME paper from The Sweetest Thing collection. I stamped some PTI goodness on it, including Fancy Flourishes (in Hero Arts Soft Blossom) and Delightful Doilies (in Provincial Gray Fresh Ink). Also added a wee splatter with my trusty TCM stamp, and distressed it by adding some sewing and inking.

The panel was die cut with a Half & Half die, from my favourite coloured PTI cardstock - Aqua Mist. I inked it lightly and adorned with a piece of washi tape, also sewn through. The sentiment comes from the Fruit Fusion - Cherries stamp set, and so do the cherries, that I combined with corresponding dies - leaves cut from textured cardstock, cherries from red felt.
The doily (Die-Namics) was randomly stamped with Polka Dot Basics. A couple of banners from Melissa Frances and a button, finish the card.

So, here's the first reason behind my card, this beauty from Danielle Flanders and one of her PTI project favourites. I chose less saturated colours, but the inspiration is irresistible.
There's a  challenge up on Nichole's blog, where she asks us to choose one of the projects featured by the DT and create an inspired version.


Next up, is a brand new, yummy Tuesday Trigger: Cross My Heart,


...and lastly, a CTS#13 sketch, that I admit to have spiced up a wee too much to call it CAS any more :)


Thanks so much for paying me a visit today :)

5 comments:

  1. Chupa these are both beautiful! Love the doilies on the second one and the sweet heart pin. Love the cherries and the fun paper you chose for the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!! I love the same combo and that Tuesday Trigger is just gorgeous - I see how you couldn't resist.

    I love how you just took the colours from Danielle's card - that's a great way to approach this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when my favourite crafty girl posts - then I get to comment and chat to her a little. :-)

    Love this masterpiece of a card. I agree, there's just something about aqua and red - to me it evokes a 50s/pin-up feel. Love how you added the pop of red with the cherries, and all your details are perfect as usual. Aaaannd... *moves in closer and whispers* (I like it more than Danielle's card... ).

    (Don't tell Danielle as I love her and love her work too!).

    Chat to you later darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wheeeeeeeeeee! Love the way you've "spiced up" the already cool sketch, Iwona! This card is packed with FUN!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012