Sunday, 17 February 2013

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #90

Judging by the number of people who played with my last sketch, many of you are a bit scared of skewed panels. Am I right?? :)
I promise not to give you these too often, in fact it would be interesting to see if I come up with anything of such again - I'm not an expert myself but I do admire those who operate diagonals like it's nobody's business!

Today's sketch as well as my card, are the result of another one of my card fascinations. This one, to be precise. Wendy does magic with cards as well as layouts, and that little beauty I had in my inspiration folder forever. It was high time I CASE'd it and I did so. Shamelessly...


It's a gorgeous little layout, isn't it?? As always, the fact that I used butterflies on both is only an indication of my small obsession with the aforementioned, and doesn't mean you have to follow the order. Unless you're in the club too. lol
Feel free to substitute them for flowers or any embellishments you like, or do some stamping and fussy cutting.


I've got PTI Aqua Mist CS for the base, and a panel of My Mind's Eye DP (Lucky In Love). I stamped on it, using the leaf stamp from Inkadinkado, Memory Box Birch Branch Print and Hero Arts Soft Blossom/Soft Stone inks.
I cut some butterflies from various scraps, mainly of MME Lost & Found 2 - Blush and Teresa Collins Now & Then pads, using dies from Spellbinders, PTI and a Martha Stewart punch. Then I embellished them with a cabachon, Maya Road stick pin & a button.
I also utilized a border punch, again a Martha Stewart. I sat unused for far too long, love this folk motif.

I used the beautiful colour palette of PDCC169, I like it so much I couldn't wait for the first opportunity to cet creative with it :)


I also wanted to thank you for the feedback re: the potential future changes in my sketch challenges. I might start highlighting some of the participants' cards, or maybe invite those interested to a wee Guest Designer gig... is any of these options tickling your fancy?
There's plenty of time before I'd implement any of these anyway, so take your time responding :) I'm thinking my 100th sketch would be a good time to start!

---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC90.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every other Saturday night (American EST time ~ or around mid-day Sunday Melbourne time), but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------

11 comments:

  1. Wow such a wonderful card. HUgs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoon-worthy card my darling friend! I adore your colour choice and your layering! Looking forward to seeing what changes you bring to your challenges, sounds like there will be fun times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED your last sketch and the skewed part of it...I just didn't have it posted before the linking list closed! I put a link the comments thought....;)

    This card is so soft and gorgeous!! Loving all the layering I've been seeing on your blog these days...SO pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy's card is fabulous and so is yours!!! Hopefully will have time to play....work has been kicking my butt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love all your pretty butterflies! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely stunning card!!! Thanks for the great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the butterflies and the sentiment. Great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is really gorgeous! I love the different sizes and colors of butterflies! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! Thank you for the sketch! It was fun to work with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012