Friday, 1 March 2013

Inspired by colours... and Joy

Hey you all, how have you been? I hope you haven't missed any of the yesterday's posts... yes, there were two! Trying to avoid it whenever I can these days, but sometimes you can't go around... :)
I was also thinking about the lovely comments I received lately, and I wish you knew how much they all mean to me! I'm a bad commenter and so I feel doubly indebted every time you leave me one. I'm hoping for the day I will make my blog more interactive, and myself more responsive. In the meantime, whenever you have a question, feel free to pop me an email! Sometimes you leave one in the comment and leave no trail to track you down, therefore if you do so, make sure your email address is included, so that I can respond :)

Back to business, though! 'Cause that's what you came here for, right?? Today there's a set of cards on the menu. My apologies for the first photo, not quite my best effort... the weather's been funny today.


These are a brainstorm child of the PDCC171 challenge (graphics below), although I undoubtedly took some creative freedom with supportive colours.


The rest of inspiration, a very important part of it, lies in the blog of Joy, Less Is More. Love this girl, love her work, and each of the cards is to a large extent influenced by her style. I wish I knew how to execute the 'less is more' part as cleverly as she does. though. This is the style that I'm tempted to overdo if I choose to tackle it. Neither I do so often either, it's making me push my boundaries and I'm not convinced that the results are always purty :)
A couple of close-ups for you...


Eeek, there's so much stuff packed into these, don't ask me to list it all... Pink Paislee, Basic Grey, American Crafts, Studio Calico, Prima, dies from MFT, PTI & Spellbinders, plenty of washi tape... and more, no doubt.
What do you think??

9 comments:

  1. Aww you are such a sweetheart..I am blushing and super pleased that I inspired you..love and hugs sweet girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a chance to comment until now, but *wow*! I love these cards so so much. They are just so full of vibrancy and life, they're so celebratory and they lift the soul!! As usual your colours, layers, layout - all perfect!! But these just exude joy to me - which is perfect given the talented namesake you are emulating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erm...WOW!! These are just amazing! I wish I had your talent, I really do! I'm going to keep trying though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny how you wish you had another persons talent when you are so talented yourself! love the whole grouping :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...this just made me smile from ear to ear!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Chupa - every single detail is just beautiful - well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fab!! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous set of cards! So glad to see you at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning as always! Such a fabulous set of cards, you have coordinated such beautiful elements! Love the scrappy look! Its always great to have you join us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012