Saturday, 2 March 2013

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #91, plus extras!

Hello and happy weekend! In full swing here, mid-Sunday here we go... bummer, I wish there was one more day off for me & hubby to enjoy each other while leisurely getting about our stuff! It's still a really, really nice arvo, fleeting as these moments are :)
LOTS to share today, so I better get into it!

First up, a new sketch! It came to me in the middle of the night, out of the blue... I seem to dream a lot of my crafty creations lately, not sure why it suddenly started as I never experienced such phenomenon. It's quite amusing... if not worrying.... haha!


I allowed myself for creative freedom with this one (the card isn't anything like the one I dreamt of), mostly because I wanted to give the awesome Glitz Design Cashmere Dame papers, as much exposure as they needed. Cutting into these feels divine!
I did the trick with the layers, which I learnt from fellow bloggers - swiping a dark-coloured inkpad directly against the edges of the papers, to give them definition. Try that if you're curious and never did so - you wouldn't believe how much life this simple trick adds to the layering!


I had so much fun with this card, it should be forbidden... I spiced up the papers with October Afternoon and Kaisercraft rub-ons (I especially like the teeny tiny print on the label); die cutting (negative on the heart, plus I added the cut out shape right next to it... can you see??); XOXO cut with my Silhouette, blinged up and mixed with the bits of sentiments taken from a Technique Tuesday stamp set (Simply You), Cosmo Cricket sentiment sticker and chippie... plus some washi tape, button, ribbon & twine :)

I have one more card, actually. Sneaking it in with mixed feelings as I intend to keep my sketch posts free from other stuff, but I made it this morning (guess what? ...after I dreamt it last night!!) and I love it so much I'm not willing to wait... lol



The camera is another Silhouette cut. Don't ask me how long it took me to adhere all these little pieces on top of each other... :P
I wanted to achieve an impression of butterflies flying out of the camera lens, and I used Studio Calico veneer for that purpose. The sentiment comes again, from the Cosmo Cricket sticker sheet. Love it. It's one of their Tiny Texts and has some awesome ATC-style phrases that I dig so much.

It's my submission for the Camera Craze Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I wasn't happy with my initial one, but felt challenged to give this subject another try. Again, not something I'd usually tackle on my cards, but boy do I love the fact that I did!

Lastly, I thought I'd include a couple of shots done this week, my FB friends might be familiar with them already :)
Love these photos of Chuplet, doing a little baking with mummy & grandma the other day...


This hangs in our kitchen / dining area. As much as I find these often too cheesy, this saying resonates with me so much.



---------------------------------------------------
A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, use the code SSC91.
- Feel free to share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every other Saturday night (American EST time ~ or around mid-day Sunday Melbourne time), but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------

6 comments:

  1. *Wow*!! No, wait. Let me say it again. *WOW*!!!

    Your first card just is a delight to all my crafty senses! Beautiful layers, mixes of pattern and colour, so much texture and interest... those *details* - this is Crafty Heaven in card form!!

    And as for your camera card - just cannot believe that is a die cut!! That is just mindblowing - all those tiny pieces!! And the butterflies and sentiment - just perfect, and after all that effort with the camera itself it's rightful that these details are much simpler. :-)

    This post was worth waiting for!! Now to go to bed and dream of Crafting Heaven!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you send me some of your dreaming skills LOL! Great sketch - can't wait to try it and I can feel how much fun you had making it just by reading your post :) Love when that happens :) Fun camera card too! Looks like you have a little helper in the kitchen too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel much better now as I often dream of sketches and colour combinations! It's nice to know I'm not the only one! :)

    Having said that, your imagination is clearly a whole lot better than mine because my mind would never have come up with anything as wonderful as what you have created here - WOW!

    Your sketchbook Saturday card is just stunning! I would be way to scared to put all those elements together, but it's absolutely perfect!! I just love your style, it's incredible! ;) thank you for sharing it with us all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your card! Love the details and inked edges and touches of rub one! Charming!
    And your camera card is exquisite!!!! Hope to join in this challenge with your wonderful sketch!
    Thanks for the incredible inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them!! The cashmere dame papers are wonderful....love!! Camera card is cool!! I'm sure the little one enjoyed baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to the Camera Craze Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012