Sunday, 3 March 2013

Today

Today I have two more cards for you. Neither of them is something I'd jump up and down about, although being half-decent I think they won't make my blog bad either :)
There were a couple of challenges I wanted to tackle, and I'll start with a Polish accent. Woo hoo!

A fellow Pole blogger, Mamajudo, has a feature on her blog called Lift Project, which is basically an inspiration/CASE challenge. I've been tremendously inspired by her and many more artists' work (there's a certain, artsy-layered-thrifty style to Polish scrapbooking / cardmaking that really appeals to me) and seeing the current inspiration (a card from Zielonooka, below), I finally succumbed to joining in.
Inspiration card...


...and my take.
I was seriously tempted to take in every bit of that card. I broke off by using a more vibrant colour palette (while still staying true to pinks), and applying some of my more usual style, which hopefully shows.



We've got Glitz Design papers / epoxy words here, dies from Spellbinders and Poppy Stamps, a Cosmo Cricket chippie, October Afternoon die-cut sticker and some washi. Plus, some pretties from the haberdashery :)
The colours that inspired me, come from CTD231. I haven't played any of these, for what seems like forever.


The second card, I would definitely do differently now, if I could. I don't do second takes though, rather move on to the next project instead... so lesson learnt, basically :) I think it's overdone.
It makes me feel a bit grumpy about it, as it's the second time I'm using the Mama Elephant stamps (Cup Of Wishes here) to enter their challenge, and each time I've been less than impressed with the outcome.
These amazing stamps deserve much better. lol 


Here's the sketch that I used. I turned it upside down.


The die is a Nautical Wheeler Doily from Cheery Lynn. It's a bit of a pain to cut with my Grand Calibur, but totally worth it. It's a stunning design. Again, there's washi put to use, as well as flat-backed pearls (to act as bubbles going up from the cup), some roses & grosgrain ribbon. The little heart on the tag is glittered.

Tomorrow start the previews of the magnificent Waltzingmouse March Release, which I can't wait to share with you! Until then, I hope you'll behave ;)

9 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous!!!! You have used such beautiful die cuts and details...WOW!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastyczna kartka! Świetnie skomponowana kolorystyka.
    Dziękuję za wspólną zabawę!
    Pozdrawiam!

    P.S. Druga kartka też mi się bardzo podoba!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that 'behave' comment thrown at me?! I'll have you know I always behave!... ish. *giggles*

    I love your bright bold first card so much! My eyes are dancing around it, trying to take in every gorgeous detail. :-)

    Your second card is quite busy, but I don't think it's terrible at all! There's a lot of goodness here, and I really love the pearls that are floating out of the cup!

    I think any card - good, bad, excellent, abysmal, outstanding, beautiful etc... every single one of them is an opportunity to learn and grow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautiful free spirit card with the CTD colors!! It looks like a wonderful and fun collage. Well done!! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards, love the use of the of the doily behind the coffee cut on the 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cards, Chupa! LOVE that first one. I'm going to have to check out the blog you mentioned. Love that style. Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, you are so talented I don't even need to tell you!!! I can spot a beautiful Chupa card from a mile away and this is no different!!! Thanks for playing along and supporting ME. You da best!!

    How are you doing by the way? Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obie wspaniałe!!!
    Pozdrawiam:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oo jak pięknie!!! fantastyczne kolory!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012